Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Name, New Furniture, New Life

My ex had a night a couple of weeks ago where he found it necessary to finally push me too far, up to and including accusing me of trying to kill him in a coma. Okay, wake up and smell the stinky signs of "ain't gonna be friends for a decade or so" and "stop treating this man like he's the delicato and yourself like teflon." Or it could be the progressive accumulation of Al-Anon meetings. But I doubt it - only because I didn't detach with love, I detached with an amputational swipe. "No more!" she cries, sword in hand. I shall no longer be the recipient of your refuse, the receptacle of your trash. How dramatic!

Actually, I did it all with one little email:

"...1. I will speak with you about Sasha [our daughter] and everything and anything having to do with her.
2. I will speak with you about any lawsuit and anything having to do with any of them.
3. I will speak with you about anything having to do with the house.

And that’s about it. I’m done being anyone’s punching bag. I’m afraid you will have to work through your need to dump with someone else..."

With these boundaries I thee unwed. Along came a fantastic flush of peace, and I knew all would be well. Last week I found out that my brother's ex-wife, also a Nancy, has taken back her maiden name, which frees up my REAL name for me. And so I'm taking it back. The first time I signed it I had a rush of gratitude and a new/old recognition of a Nancy I had only glimpsed a long time ago. Go ahead, wave to that cute little blonde. Okay, she does look a little different now, but still recognizable...

All right, now I get this idea in my head that I need to sell off the "things" in my house that remind me of my former life. These "things" need to go now that I've thought of this, mainly because I don't have a job still and I have nothing else to think about. So I utilize the infamous craigslist and start listing: table and chairs (the worst offenders of former insanity) go first, then computer equipment, living room chairs (don't ask), a desk, a couch, etc., etc. Bub-byeeee. And with this money, I replace everything: table and chairs, living room chairs, etc. What did George Carlin say: "Why is it that our shit is everyone else's stuff and their shit is our stuff?" Well I am living this saying and it's feeling good. Real good.

Next I'm adding a deadbolt, just because a psychic told me to. See future post, "The Psychic Told Me There's Never Enough Locks On Your House."

At Barnes & Noble every year they have a promotion in January called "New Year, New You." I'm thinking that this year I'm having that promotion too.

Today I'm grateful to be Nancy [what's-her-name].

5 comments:

  1. Good for you nacy, Im proud of you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Nancy, thats an awesome attitude to have. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The proper Carlin quote is "Have you noticed that their stuff is shit, and your shit is stuff?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds pretty clear to me. Keep comin' back.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy, proud and thankful of the new Nancy that is now the old Nancy with new furniture.

    ReplyDelete