Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Insufficient Funds

I continue to be astounded by how underdeveloped the financial lobe of my brain is. I wonder if it just didn't get enough oxygen during childbirth.

Oh, wait, I was a C-section...

Regardless, one would think that with as many times as I've heard the term "insufficient funds" said to me I would find a way that would work for me to keep track of what I spend. I mean, I'm on welfare, it's not like there's a lot to keep track of. It used to be that I'd $10 myself here and there into insufficient funds. What with inflation it appears that I $50 myself there even faster. But that's what things cost, dammit!

No matter what I've earned, I've always gotten lost down the road of solvency. I've even been a member of Debtor's Anonymous, which was a valuable experience and got me out of credit card and IRS debt and on the way to learning how to be an adult with money. But even that didn't close up the windtunnel in my brain through which tumbleweeds of money blow and never stick to anything. I can write down every penny I spend and it still doesn't mean anything to me. It's like a foreign language - why?

Today I went to the mechanics to pick up my car, the 22 year old Mercedes with 197,000 miles on it. I had to throw in the Mercedes part, right? I thought it was dead, unresuscitatable, right? But no! YAY! He saved it with a distributor cap and a couple of rotors! YAY! It cost under $400 and the average car repair is $750! YAY! And yesterday I had $700 in the bank. YAY! Or was that Saturday...?

There was PCC and PetSmart, then the compounding pharmacy and the fixing of the dishwasher...the gas station...the cable... aaaaaaannnnnnddddd - it's gone!

Seriously, this is nuts! They say food is mommy and money is daddy. And both those substances baffle the hell out of me, as did both of those people.

I guess here I need another Higher Power, right? Does God deal in cash?

Help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment